Thread: Another Hello
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 09:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 288/238/125
BF:
Progress: 31%

I was a little concerned myself about all the things that I have heard about getting rid of all those carbohydrates. The reason that I decided to make the plunge the low carb way was because I went in to see about gastric bypass. I am a candidate for it but I have been waiting for insurance to kick in. In the meantime, my daughter was starting to get teased about her weight at school. It is bad enough when they get teased about their mom but when they start in on the kids Wonder Mom steps in. LOL Anyway, when you have bypass surgery this is pretty much the diet that you have to be on for the rest of your life. With a few exceptions of course. The Atkins plan has many more and much more that you can eat. So I decided to try this and see if I had the surgery could I stay on the diet plan. After, the detox, (which was pretty bad for us carb junkies and let me tell you, you certainly feel like the worst mom in the world when you see your children go through them) We have never felt better in our lives. So I can't believe that something that would make your body feel so good and alive would be so bad. So now, I have decided to try it without the surgery and if I stop losing weight, then I guess I will look into that again. Hang in there! The first few days are the worst. I have also found that putting yourself on some good vitamins really helps.