View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 11:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

For good health - 2 to 3 bowel movements per day. Mammoth, you are so right. It has to be "working" not just evacuating eventually.

This is what my gal says. 1 foot long, diameter of a silver dollar and just barely floating. This size thing is important. It helps to clean off the plaque from the walls of the colon. The bends getting too narrow can be part of the problem of getting bound up.

I know from some "therapy" I had before, that I have good peristalsis, so I work with psyllium, water and the slimming tea(it doesn't have any of the harsh herbs or chemical). The psyllium takes working up slowly. 1/4 tsp for some days, then upping it little by little. If I jump into it to fast I also get bound up. Sometimes I do the tennis ball massage, it helps to break down the build up on the bends of the colon. It also helps to stimulate peristalsis, which I believe sit-ups and crunches also do.

I'm new here, but I will try to find the colon info from the health course I took, and see if I can post the info.