View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 10:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

My Goodness, T...how hurtful that is! It's clear that hubby is not on board with your goals...is there a way you could sit him down and give him the lecture of a lifetime??? And then ask directly for his help??

If he doesn't respond to that...the only thing left is for YOU to take complete control over everything you eat and prepare. Next time he hands you something, even if he means well, maybe you should politely refuse and tell him that you really need to stay true to your goals and not allow anything to betray your efforts...Maybe he'll get the message and start making you LC desserts!!

My BF used to bring home a slice of my favorite carrot cake just to surprise me! He really wanted to do my favorite thing - and truthfully, he never knew if I was on or off my plan - but when I WAS really trying to stay true, this was a major downfall. I had to just tell him to surprise me with non-food things...he's been pretty good about that. But he's never deliberately tried to cause me failure...that's something else...and it would make me MAD enough to sit him down and tell him what was up.

Good luck