View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 07:10

Plan: lowcarby WW
Stats: 212.6/198.8/191 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default what I do to stay strong on Atkins - sure you want to know?

I try all the self-affirmation stuff like visualizing and reminding myself how much better I feel; and I try to remember how awful I feel eating any carbs (please see my recent note in confession booth - not too graphic).

However, the real way I stand in line at Starbucks every day and look at all their high-carb options and even those horrible little perfect samples of sugar (cookies etc) they often have on the counter - I put my hand on my waist. I feel that I have a waist. I can feel with my fingers from there that there is not so much stomach anymore. And the "shelf" that the palm of my hand is resting on (this extra upper part of my butt/hips) is getting smaller and is smaller. And I reach deep down into the most surface vainest part of myself and say - I'm going to be really hot. And why delay that one extra hour, day, week, by eating one of these chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies manufactured by someone who wants me to be ugly. I'm sexy and you won't get me! No no! No sugar for me - I'm having just a shot of espresso! Oh, and a NY Times. Thanks, have a nice day.