#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 18:53
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default yogurt tastes

I found 2 new kinds of whole milk yogurt today, so I decided to get them and do a little taste testing. So far this is my basic opinion (note this is just my opinions)

Best: Mountain High Origional Style
8g of fat and 18g carb per cup, 5 active cultures
It has the best taste with no acidic bite at all. It is also thick and creamy. My only worry is that it tastes so good, there may not be as much lactic acid.

Good: Horizon Organic Whole Milk Yogurt
8g fat, 14g carb per cup, and 5 active cultures
Still tastes smooth and creamy. Less carb and 30 less calories then the mountain high, not available in large sizes and costs a little more (here at least)

Ok: Stonyfield Farm Organic
9g fat, 16g carb with 3 fiber, six active cultures plus inulin which is suposed to aid in calcium absorbtion
This is a bit thinner then the others, a tad more yellowish in color, and not as smooth. The taste is also more acidic. With 1 more culture, some fiber, plus the inulin it may be a better bet for a low carb WOE

Blah: Organic Non Fat yogurt (Nancy's if I remember)
This had 5 cultures and about the same number of carbs as the rest. Very acidic and just nasty tasting without sweetner of some kind.

Even though the Stonyfield farm isn't that great tasting I may switch to that because it has lower carbs and seems to be the healthiest. What do some of the more experienced people think? Should I go with best tasting because it is probably just as few carbs after lactose is eaten, or should I go with the one lower in carbs on the nutricion lable?
Sponsored Links