#14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 18:02
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Nibby, bless you!

Size acceptance has been essential is allowing me to survive and thrive. I surely wouldn't be here (alive, low carbing, at this weight instead of much higher, you name it) without it.

I'd never consider myself a victim of my weight any more than I would my height. Now, occasionally, I've been 'victimized' by society, but that's by no means unusual or unique to fat folks only. My size is a combination of nature and nurture ... like the rest of me. It wasn't just carbs, or years of yo-yo dieting, or heredity, or abuse, or diet pills in grade school ... it was ALL those things plus some.

It's hard for me to read some of the posts here in the low carb forums ... when fat people reject the core ideas behind fat acceptance, it feels to me like self hate with implied hatred of other fat people.

I've just been too psychologically tuckered out to give this issue the attention it needed ... so I was thrilled to read your post.

P.S. - I see Marilyn chose not to wear her pink bikini thong for the interview, pity. She helped me pick out my much more demure two piece swimsuit a few years back. And yes, she is Flabulous!