View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 17:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/250/200 Female 6'0
BF:ugh!
Progress: 47%

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, especially the markets and Monoprix. I had forgotten all about them -- all I could remember eating 8 years ago was the cheap croque monsieurs and tons of croissants. I probably won't be going in many regular cafes or restaurants because of the budget (need to save the money for when my 7 year-old will want to buy junk in the UK), and I'm staying in a little hole-in-the-wall pensionne by Luxemburg gardens, so there won't be any hotel meals. I also forgot to mention that I don't eat eggs, but you all are right, I should manage just fine. I guess I'm just freaking out a little bit as I'm determined to both have a good time AND to be slimmed down a little by the start of fall quarter -- could I have both?

It occurred to me as I was reading your posts that probably the reason I don't like pates and the double/triple cream cheeses is because I've trained myself to detest all foods that taste/look/feel rich and "fattening". I think maybe Atkins has given me the freedom to try these foods again and see if I really do like them once I no longer imagine them going straight to my hips (no, it was the cracker or bread slice that went straight to my hips!).

Thanks again! Salut, Athena