#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 11:31
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%
Default One year and almost 90 pounds lighter

Today is my one year anniversary of low carbing. A year ago I was contemplating weight loss surgery because I could not stop gaining weight. I am still a long way from my goal weight, but I have reversed my continuous weight gain and made significant strides in the right direction. I feel as though I should write a big post, talking about what I learned over the past year and how my life has changed, but the increases in my knowledge and the changes in my life have been so great that I need to reflect some more before attempting to write anything like that. Therefore, I just want to say thank you to the many people who have helped me get where I am today -- almost 90 pounds lighter than I was a year ago and an entirely different person in terms of my health and mobility. Those people include (in no particular order): Dr. Atkins, Gary Taubes who wrote the article in the New York Times magazine on July 14 of last year which first made me understand how low carbing works and made me realize that the source of my health and weight problems was probably carbohydrates, and all the wonderful people on this forum who have provided support and information that has helped keep me going and learning during the past year.
Sponsored Links