View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 10:40

Plan: Restarted LC 8/23/06
Stats: 254/208/175 Female 5'8"
BF: Moo
Progress: 58%

Interesting to see the range of experiences with LC foods in here! It really does seem to be trial and error.

Like most folks, I try to stick to whole foods...and contrary to what most of the country likely thinks about Atkins, I have yet to eat a piece, let alone a slab, of bacon at breakfast.

I did find that I was not eating enough (heavens to Mergatroids!) so I began to supplement with a LC bar or shake, usually one or two servings a day. I think I was stalling b/c I was only eating 1,200-1,400 calories a day but I honestly wasn't hungry. Fitday revealed the problem. The chocolate meal bars are pretty good, any of them, but the Atkins chocolate and peanut butter was very good. Some of the fruit ones are

I LOVE La Tortilla original flavor tortillas and do a lot with them. I also like Keto spaghetti, especially with some pesto and chicken, WOW! As for ice cream, I can make my own with fresh goat milk (since I raise the buggers!), so I haven't bought any yet.

I like the Keto products a lot...I eat the cold and hot cereals and have their ketchup.

I tried a Pure De-Lite chocolate bar and found it quite satisfactory for a chocolate fix. Ross and I haven't met yet, and from what I hear, this is probably a good thing.

Walden Farms has a line of dressings and condiments... I'll make my own, thanks.

I order my stuff from vitaglo.com and get free shipping with $50 or more, which isn't hard since I buy my vitamins there. I think these products make doing LC quite doable.

I haven't lost a huge amount of weight but I have lost major inches, so the weight is bound to come soon. The best thing: being off the sugar merri-go-round. I feel good and my skin is clear. Can't wait to see my bloodwork in a couple months.

Someone mentioned not eating LC food products as perhaps akin to alcoholics not drinking fake beer. I am a sober drunk and I don't drink fake booze, but these don't seem to bother me. But I don't do a lot of them either. For once I don't abuse something!

badgoat