#11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 09:25
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Good post Karen...Thanks!

Lonely: I used to eat and eat and yes...eat! Then, I simply stopped one day and took a good, long, look at just what the hell I was doing. I did not like what I saw; a compulsive person eating for recreation, for emotion, for all the wrong reasons.

I had to learn to eat to live. NOT to live to eat.
So, I began Atkins and Lc-ing. This has helped me so very much. I now consume around 1800 calories per day...I should be much higher, but most days I simply have to force myself to even get to 1800.

Other days, I could eat a house! I have , on those days, non-stop hunger! However, on those "hungry days"...I eat the same..maybe up it to 2200 calories (not exactly pigging-out)...and I find things to do that will keep me mentally busy, which helps take my mind off it. Gardening is great for this...you get fresh air, exercise, sweat and sweat...and drink loads more water...and before you know it, the day is gone and its time for dinner, which by then, I don't even want!

Try to find something like this...try to set limites for yourself after those first two atkins weeks...it helps to learn the discipline...it gives YOU control over the foods and the eating...and if you falter along the way, NOT TO WORRY...we ALL do!

You can do this, you simply need to just "begin"!
VERY best wishes;
Jake