Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:08
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins
Stats: 182/165/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default In the same boat

Hi Jennifer,

You are certainly not going through this alone hon. I have been on induction for a month and a half and I think the only weight I lost was water weight in the very beginning. I have even been on the candida diet for a week now and thought I had seen a stall break but not sure of that. Candida diet is even more strict so I dont think its that Im eating too many carbs, I stay well below 20 carbs and if I have any carbs it's either from Eggs, Mozzarella or romaine, arugula or radish. Yes that is how strict I have made my regimen. A month into induction I added OWL items like almonds, macadamian nuts and pecans. I have always stayed below 20 carbs and a week ago switched to raw almonds and sunflower seeds. I usually just have a handful a day - just to keep my sanity !! My measurements havent shown any changes neither has my weight - it fluctuates in a 4 lb range. I drink lots of water and do Pilates, body sculpting 50 minutes every other day, ride my bike instead of driving the car whenever I can and work around the house for activity. This includes yard work and several trips through 3 floors of the house for laundry and other chores - so I am by no means inactive during my work hours (work from home).
What is perplexing to me, even though my educated mind says everyone's body is unique, is that my partner eats a lot more liberally on this diet then I do and loses so much more easily. 90% of the time I do not compare, but on my low days I just want my body to bloody respond to my consistent message : "LOSE THE FAT!!!! IT'S NO GOOD FOR YOU!!!". Alas, most of the time it feels like the message is not responded to. I try to keep my spirits up, but I tell ya - it wouldnt hurt to get a little feedback from your body every once in ablue moon - just for positive reinforcement and incentive to keep it up.
I am always willing to put hard work into anything - but my logical mind creeps up at times wondering what all this hard work is for. *sigh*
I just keep telling myself that it took 6 years since I have been in my loving relationship and also gained the "love" weight with my partner, I shouldnt expect to lose it overnight. Sorry for the long response, but this morning I woke up with my spirits a little down.

I quit smoking over 4 months ago, why is this weight loss making it so hard to be a quitter as well as a loser !

L