View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 20:58

Plan: Stillman, Atkins
Stats: 240/188/180
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default The common thread

Yes, exercise for me has to be the key. To speed up my system, I had to shock it three to five times weekly running, climbing, rollerblading, or just sightseeing in some city I visited. To move, to flow was my catalyst, then came the diet and then the pounds came off...

I understand a cardio regimen of 4x weekly at 40-60 minutes per session at 65%-75% of Max hr will get you there...and maintain....also...I have been adding muscle in weightlifting sessions 3x weekly...not into getting massive as much as toned and fit.....

buying a versaclimber and putting it in my place was the best thing for me...I would suggest getting something that increases your HR and place it nearby...not for hanging things on, but actually using it for the overall goal of healthy living at a weight that you are comfortable with...

Thanks for all of your advice and stories on this board...they've inspired me to conitnue toward my goal of 185.....this posting/reading relationship is just as important as counting carbs and exercises, at least for me.

240/206/185

Low carb since July 8...225 pounds then and 206 now!

Will