View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 00:00
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm a major food addict and have been through cycles of LC pigging out. While I'm eating it feels great, then afterwards I feel mentally and physically drained. Overeating legal stuff sucks my will to live, the same way eating carbs did. I used to justify it to myself by saying it's all LC, isn't it? So no problem.

I lost very quickly in the beginning - about 50 pounds in six months. It was all so new and exciting and refreshing to feel like I finally had control and it was simply by eating LC. I was wrong. I had to eat LC because I discovered that eating carbs for me is heroin so I started seeking out LC methadone. Slowly, all my damaging thought processes and behaviors started to creep back in because they had never really left in the first place. I am really grateful that I had been given a good head start and was shown the path to walk but I had to walk it myself. LC was not going to do the walking for me. When I eat compulsively, I'm behaving like my fat self so fat I shall remain.

My whole LC journey has been one of developing a sane relationship to food and just to be sane, period. So my efforts go towards changing my behavior. When I'm thinking to myself, "Gee that was good! Think I'll have another piece of X", I stop and remind myself that a truly sane person would not have more of X if they were already full. Why would they? And I am becoming that sane person. If I don't, I'll be forever addicted. The more I resist, the saner I get. It's a good feeling.

Why do you think that being short puts you at a disadvantage?

Karen