View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 17:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Before you get too upset, consider a few things.

1) Each shake could have put you over the limit in carbs for your body to burn fat as fuel. If so, it would be like starting Induction all over again each time. (That is if you are referring to regular milkshakes)

2) Exercise creates muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. You can lose inches and tone your body without losing weight....Get out the tape measure.

3) Is weight loss the only reason you are following an LC lifestyle? If you feel better since starting Atkins, maybe this is the greater benefit.

4) Your stats show that you have lost SOME weight. Not all people lose dramatically. According to the participants on this forum, you can count on losing about 10% of your total weight loss goal. If you want to lose 30lbs, that's 3 pounds during induction. Looks like you lost that plus .5 more pounds.
My average weight loss during Atkins has been around 1.3 lbs per week. I lost 24lbs in three months. One week nothing would happened, then the next...WOOSH..my weight would drop. That makes your metabolism close to mine. Most people do not have a drop on the scale everyday. Instead, they have 3-5 pound fluctuations with the trend being downward over a period of time.

Unless this diet is making you ill, I would recommend you stick to it for at least 6 weeks before you come to any negative conclusions. Three weeks isn't really enough time to make a good judgement. Realize that this isn't a quick fix.

I look at it this way...Next month will come and go no matter what I choose to put in my mouth. So why not put in the things that will make me feel better and eventually lead to weight loss?

Chin up! Don't get discouraged. Give it some more time. We've all been there at some point and time.
Remember...losing 3.5lbs is far better than gaining 5 or 6!