#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 15:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/258/135 Female 5'5
BF:49%/??/??
Progress: 22%
Default Hello All! I'm new.

Hello!
I started Atkins almost four weeks ago and have been reading this forum since then. Everyone’s participation and encouragement is absolutely inspiring and provides such positive reinforcement that I wanted to become part of this group!

I am currently doing Induction and plan to stay in this phase for at least a couple of months. I lost 15 lbs the first two weeks and ten more so far. I have felt better, slept better, and have more energy in the last month than I’ve had in the last ten years.

Although I’m not diabetic, I feel that I was certainly on my way to becoming diabetic. Getting my carb intake under control has totally eliminated the shakiness and light-headedness that I used to experience (which I would try to remedy by eating even MORE carbs!). With Atkins, I get plenty to eat and I don’t think that I’ve been hungry at all in the last month!

I’ve been able to make decisions to stay on plan even when eating out at restaurants, going on vacation, and having company at my house. I consider my best win to date being that I can go to a Mexican restaurant (my favorite food in the world!) and not eat chips, flour tortillas, rice, or beans and still totally enjoy my meal and be completely satisfied. In fact, I feel so good that I can go out after eating instead of having to go right home like I use to because I was so STUFFED.

In the last two weeks there are days when I’ve gone over my carb limit, so my focus for the next week is going to be to be to stick to induction without any modifications. Other than exceeding the carb limit. I’ve not ‘cheated’ once since I started. I don’t even want to start down that slippery slope.

I’ve tried many diets and have never had the confidence that I could actually change my life until I started Atkins. A large part of that is due to the contributors that post on this non-judgmental forum. Your stories are inspirational, your encouragement is sincere. I hope that I can pass on to others what I have gained from all of you!
Sponsored Links