View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 14:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/133/120 Female 5' 5"
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

I totally agree with all of you!!! When I think about "dieting" now, I see it a lot differently than before the day I decided to buy the Atkins book. We are trained our whole lives to believe that FAT is our enemy, i.e. George Foreman's grill (drains all the fat), all of those empty veggie cans full of grease that my mom used to hoard for some strange reason, low-fat cook books, "lean" meats, etc. I have lost more weight with this Atkins diet, and successfully kept it off, than I did when I took Adipex a couple years ago, which made me a little crazy and I ended up on anti-depressants for the next couple years. I tell everybody about this diet and usually get the same response, "I can't quit eating bread" or "that diet is just too strict". My answer "You want results, with Atkins, you will get them, the end!" Everybody has their own opinion though and those low-fat dieters will always be out there cause that is how we are all trained! I guess people have a hard time believing that consuming fat actually makes you lose fat if you do it right! Thank God we low-carbers have stumbled upon this path, I like this WOL much better than starving!