View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 11:52
Registered Member

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 200/184/120
BF:
Progress: 20%

hello thish. i am a medicine student and i think that this diet is great for you...
1. you have diabetes tipe 2 (insuline indipendent) and not 1 (insuline dipendent) .that means that you are hyperinsulinic (sorry for my english. it is not my mother language) or your body has devoloped a condition called the resistence to insuline. it means that your body produce more insuline then necessary. the problem is in the fact that this increased production of insulin cause exhaustion of the pancreas. so, you can become insuline-dipendent diabetics (type 1) after years
if you start this diet, your blood suger will go down...
2. diabetes tipe 2 go togother with obesity. losing weith means losing diabetes type 2 and hypertension.
3. diabetic tipe 2 can not go into chetoacidosis.(chetoacidosi is caused by one hormone called glucagone who is inhibited by insulina. so when you are diabetic type 1, you don't have insuline at all. so you can go into chetoacidosi. when you are type 2, you have a more insuline that you actually need...so it can bloock glucagone)
3. don't eat less than 20 carbs at day
4.your dangar is hyperosmolar coma. it happens when your blood suger is more than 700. doing this diet, your suger level is going to get down.