View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 10:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/182/152 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Kathy 54, I noticed on your weight loss chart a beginning pattern similar to mine. I am on induction, day 13. The first week I lost very nicely. The second week I am on a frustrating plateau. According to you records, same for you. What did you do--stay on induction? I have been beating myself up wondering if I have done the Atkins "kiss of death" by cheating the tiniest bit. I have had a few cups of tea and one wild strawberry. Other than that I have stayed on track! Is it the tomatoes? I was reading a thread where they are only 5 carbs but considered to be a fruit. Yet they are on his list of induction foods allowed. He also lists cheeses as free. But cream cheese is 8 carbs a cup--is it free because it is high in fat? Is it really free? Because I have been counting it in my carb count. I guess what I am looking for is opinions on whether I need to try eat more fat to get ketosis happening, or whether I need to just hang in there and wait this plateau out. My keytone strip is always at the lightest colour and almost not that. Almost unchanged. I need advice and/or assurance.