View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 10:25

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Lauren

There's one more thing I thought about after considering the whole low carb food product thing.
I think of myself as an addict, actually. When I think about it, what are most alcohols and beers made from.....grains. What is bread and pasta made from....grains. Now, I'm not an alcoholic, but I believe I was addicted to grains in the form of breads, baked goods and pasta. And just like an alcoholic, the more I ate the less satisfied I was and the more I wanted!
I know that some alcoholics won't drink the 'near-beer' like O'Douls, etc because it is just too close to the taste of the real thing and they fear a relapse. I guess I feel that way about lowcarb breads, baked goods, etc. I have felt so good without them for this long (over a year). I guess I am afraid of being triggered into 'using' again.
Maybe someday I can handle some really wholesome, whole grain or sprouted bread. And, I might try baking something using soy flour over the holidays this year. But for now, give me my piece of chicken, fish or meat, a serving of asparagus, and a salad and I am happy! Very Happy! (ok, a piece of chocolate for desert on Sundays... ).
Thanks for doing this article....looking forward to it.
kathy