BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen
Welcome to the forum Shannon!

What plan are you folowing?

Karen

Hi Karen thanks for the welcome.

I am not really following anything but let me explain.

I just seen a girlfriend of mine and she has lost 45 pounds, and I asked her how and she said she didnt have a plan, and that a girlfriend of hers just wrote down some things to eat and things not to eat. Anyways it turns out to be a high protein low or zero sugar/carb diet. And I do believe she said at some point it was the Dr Atkins diet her girlfriend was on, and that the info she was passing to me was a short form of it.. LOL

All she told me was to stop eating breads, sugar, cereals, margarine, corn, pasta, rice, potatoes etc.

And to eat mainly eggs, chicken, meat, cheeses, some green veggies and to replace any drinks with diet drinks. I am sure she could of elaborated alot more on variety but we didnt have time. So she just mentioned the few things and told me to check all labels for low carb/sugar content. She uses splenda but I bought sugar twin. The only thing I add sugar too is my coffee.

I have just sort of been winging it for the past 3 days and have had some results and I feel good about this diet because it just makes so much sense.

I have 3 main questions:

1. Do you think I absolutely need to buy the book or do you think I might be able to get by with the above information?

2. It's hard to completely remove all carbs from foods, so what is a OK level of carbs to consume per day.?

3. Is seafood ok to eat? And if so what kinds?