View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 17:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

bluugirl, my husband doesn't mind tofu, he actually likes it. i've read several different sources that say that a diet high in soy isoflavones is a deterent to prostate cancer, the number 2 cancer in men! none of my sources said what was number one. i'm assuming colon cancer? anyway, i like to make a big main course salad for dinner at least once a week. dave really likes them too. i try to change the protein ingredient. i was going to use albacore tuna tonigh, but i decided on tofu instead. i stirfried cubed tofu w/garlic and mushrooms and tossed them on the salad when it was time to eat! dave loved it and my youngest daughter, therese, who would never eat tofu, just discovered that she likes it, she really, really likes it! this is such a coup for me!! i've been eating tofu for about 15 years and my kids avoid it like the plague. my son was so happy when dave and i started low carbing and eating meat again!
wow, i've gone way off topic here bluugirl! i just wanted to give you another idea for tofu!
by the way, i buy 6 packs of tofu every week. i can't run out!!