View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 20:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/133/120 Female 5' 5"
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

I'm so torn on this issue! I have been LCing for six weeks but I have a stock of Carb Solution bars, LeCarb chocolate almond ice cream, and have tried some low-carb desserts in the Atkins book as well as sweetening sour kraut with Splenda (I was a sugar junkie). I have NOT lost my sweet tooth but I have NOT budged when it comes to what I eat to help with those cravings. I have found some great substitutes to ease the pain of quitting all of those candy bars, sodas, ice creams, etc. I was never a bread eater so that didn't bother me at all. I like pasta but if I don't go to the Olive Garden, I am fine. I only ate rice with chinesse food & after finding a roach in my food about eight months ago, I have totally deleted chinesse from my diet so that problem is also solved. I love potatoes but only really ate them when I went out to eat so now I eat ALL of my salad & tell the waitress to keep the potatoe & bring me a different, low-carb veggie to substitute. This really is a great way of living/eating & I hope I have the will power to sustain it for life, not just through the summer!

Good luck everybody!!!