#25   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 12:08
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: // Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Dry skin brushing

Hi all... I don't know about you, but I'm glad it's Saturday. Anyway...

Have any of you tried dry skin brushing? It's reported to, among other things, help tighten up the skin and get rid of cellulite. Skin is the largest organ in the body, and is responsible for one-fourth of the body's detoxification each day, also making it, one of the most important elimination organs. The problem with the lymph system is that the skin needs movement to get rid of the toxins, etc. and we just don't get good movement all over (think of under your arms, for example).

Some Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing: Tightens Skin, Helps Digestion, Removes Cellulite, Stimulates Circulation, Increases Cell Renewal, Cleans Lymphatic System, Removes Dead Skin Layers, Stimulates Immune System, Improves Exchange between Cells, and Stimulates the Glands, thus helping All of the body systems to perform at peak efficiency.

What you need to do is purchase a natural bristle brush with a long handle so you can reach everywhere (the type you use in the shower or bath which cost about $4-$5 at places such as Walmart). Before bath or shower, brush each part of your body, including the bottom of your feet and hands, using long strokes toward your colon (some say toward your heart, but I think toward the colon makes more sense since you are moving toxins OUT of the body, if you get my meaning). Circular motions on abdomen & buttocks. You can do it once or twice a day depending on your preference. I like to do it in the morning just before a shower because it is invigorating, feels so good and wakes me up. As the name of the technique suggests, use a dry brush on your dry body. Don't brush your nipples.

If you search Google for dry skin brushing, you will find lots of information. I originally read about the technique on a site about colon cleansing but I cannot seem to find the specific page anymore.

Anyway, beside all the other benefits, it does help to tighten skin and I would encourage you to begin this process NOW rather than later for obvious reasons.

ljm