View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 15:03
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power/CKD
Stats: 183/173/135
BF:
Progress:

Go family! Breakfast was definitely the hardest for my daughter and I... we were used to artisan breads and hashbrowns, not to mention the pancakes with syrup on the weekends.

Now, to keep the bacon and egg thing a little more interesting, we have an omelette "bar". Assorted cheeses, cubed ham, cooked bacon, and assorted veggies (avocado, green onions, spinach, mushrooms, asparagas, etc.), herbs, and perhaps some left over steak or chicken from the night before. We'll make omelettes or fritattas (baked 'til golden). Instead of butter, I use a garlic-infused olive oil (there are other herb-infused choices too).

That's not to say that you have to stick with "traditional" breakfast items... Sausage and cream cheese stuffed mushrooms are a bite-sized treat we both enjoy.

If you're not on induction, you can enjoy some fruit (berries with marscapone... yum). My favorite has to be cantaloupe... 1/4 sliced thinly wrapped with proscuitto with a bit of freshly cracked pepper (sounds icky to the uninitiated... but trust me... it's to die for). Who can resist a cup of espresso (decaf, if necessary), with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and sprinkle of cinnamon or cocoa.