View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 06:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/190/190 Male 175 cm
BF:15%/10%/8%
Progress: 100%

Here in Europe, low-carb does not have the media exposure it has in the US yet, we are still in the lowfat - phase . And therefore the industry has almost no LC-products on the market. All we have got is diet coke and some other sugar free sodas and there are some speciality stores, mostly in the UK, who sell various LC-brands, but they are expensive as hell.
I do concur with wendy40 , all these LC-products, be it bars, candies or pasta, throw be out of ketosis and give me the same sides "normal" carb foods do, especially sugar cravings. And most of these LC products taste like shit anyway (like most lowfat-foods also btw).
After trying a lot of them I stick to all the food which is low- to zero-carb by design: meat, sausages, cheese, fish and small piceces of assorted fruits. Plain Water, coffee and diet coke is what i drink.
LC gives me so much benefits - less need for sleep, more endurance in the gym and on the job, superior sexual performance , heightned mood, ... - that i can live with sometimes eating the same things for days in a row.

if you are interested how one, who was a fat sloth for 30 years of his life, can look after 1 year of running Aktins see: http://www.atkins-at.com/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=1