#21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 05:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/181/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Happy to find other Jello people

Yeah, I'm not alone! I started Atkins in Feb and by the end of May or so had lost 33 lbs. I didn't realize I was squishy until my significant other commented that the weight loss was great but that I maybe should start exercising. I took a look in the mirror (naked) and YUCK!

I felt and looked great with the clothes on but wasn't happy at all with them off. I bought a resistance band for the inner thighs, a flex ball and an upper body resistance band the same day. I hate to admit this but I probably only used them once in the past month, but I have been walking everyday about 3-4 miles and VOILA everything is tightening up.

I purposely slowed the weight loss down to no more than 3 lbs a month and it seems like that's giving the fat cells time to slough (sic) off. The squishy jello pudding feeling has disappeared from my tummy and thighs and the inches are still coming off with no significant pounds being lost and my body is reshaping/reconstructing its self.

It's certainly a self esteem boost to lose the weight quickly but for me it wasn't worth the squishy fat cells and skin left behind.

So, there is light at the end of the Atkins tunnel without resorting to liposuction and tummy tucks for me.

Pat