#5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 20:59
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Talking The Good, Bad, and Inedible...

We're all very opinionated. you've come to the right place.

I've tried a LOT of products that range from to As far as the Atkins brand.. I'm almost to the point of not using, since they get more and more expensive, and less and less in the quality and quantity department. Soon, I'm expecting a postage-stamp size "food" bar for $3.99... Keto is my favorite brand at this time, but living in the middle of nowhere, my selection is fairly limited without paying the sometimes outrageous shipping some online companies charge.

I think, also, that a lot of companies are underreporting the real amount of carbs in their products. (My "grassy knoll" doughnut theory )
It's the newest bandwagon for the marketers to jump on. I remember when the low-fat craze hit, and products that never HAD fat started screaming "LOW FAT" on the label... now it seems to be a race to churn out low carb/ high protein "foods" ... and while a few are genuinely what they claim, I suspect that a few shortcuts are being taken. I'd be interested in seeing a test comparing stated carb counts vs. actual carb counts.