#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 18:09
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 376/339/190 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Exclamation Beware of Applebee's

Applebee's is one of my favorite restaurants. With the tremendous success I have been experiencing I thought I would introduce Applebee's back into my diet. I asked for two chicken breasts, grilled w/cheese. Not bad, huh? Maybe two breasts sounds a little much but I am walking 3.5 miles daily and lifting three days a week. I ate lunch at Applebee's three times in one week.

All of a sudden my weight loss stalled. In fact early last week I gained two pounds. I checked my diet and knew that my carbs were under 20 (I am keeping on induction)....or so I thought. I went back to Applebee's and had a chat with my server. She told me that their chicken breasts are marinated in a lime-sugar brine. SUGAR! GLUCOSE! Oh , No! There was the culprit. Those two grilled chicken breasts were loaded with sugar....and carbs! I have since been back on strict induction and the weight has fallen to where I was before Applebee's plus -2 pounds. Whew! Those clever carbs.

Moral? Ask if your seemingly safe steak or chicken dish has been marinated in anything. It is not safe to assume.
Sponsored Links