View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253/198/175 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default I blew it last night...

Last week I was on vacation visiting family. My wife and I took a couple days to visit Pigeon Forge, TN. Between the family and side trip, I didn't do so well but ended the week with no net gain or loss - probably thanks to all the swimming I did on vacation.

Well, this week my wife is still visiting family and I'm back at work. All was going just fine with my diet until last night. I went out to eat with my neighbor, it was getting late, and they gave us a basket of hot hushpuppies. Then service was slow... I could take it. I ate one, then two, then three... and before I knew it I ate the whole, dang basket. Did I stop there? No! Next, my 1/2 peck of steamed oysters arrived, and I knocked back a couple dozen of those - with crackers and seafood sauce. <ugh> At least the clams, crab, and shrimp were ok. And I didn't touch the corn or cole slaw. And I drank water.

This morning, I was up 2 lbs from yesterday, and my stomach was upset. Had to skip b'fast to deal with a work emergency and by the time lunch rolled around, my stomach was growling and I was hungry, the first time that has happened since I started Atkins on June 1st.

So I ate a large but safe lunch: caesar salad, roasted chicken, hamburger patty, and green beans. At least I feel satisfied right now.

Still hating I blew it so bad last night. I must've eaten several hundred carbs. Will see tonight if I knocked myself out of ketosis.

For now, I'm back on the horse....

Sam
Sponsored Links