View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 14:22

Plan: self-created low carb
Stats: 340/307/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Hi PattyCT

Talk about soapboxes. Wow! Did I ever get up on mine. Patty, reading your post made me see some issues I obviously haven't dealt with and also made me aware of my kneejerk reaction to this kind of thing. Please don't think I am in favour of the discrimination the obese endure but I also fear "acceptance" may go hand-in-hand with taking the easy way out and living with the status quo. The world will never re-engineer itself to make "living large" a comfortable existance and I think stupid people will always find something to be cruel about if they choose. I suppose, as an obese person, I should embrace the concept of huge airplane seats and turn styles but I know in my heart I have to battle my way to a "normal" size not because other people say so but because it is the right thing to do for my body and myself. What others think is completely beside the point. That is the way it must be for all of us-tougher than losing weight, that's for sure. It can't be taught. This is such a great forum for information. I just wanted to make sure you didn't misunderstand my post. Take care, Hope1