View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 09:57
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

<deep breath> I love body acceptance. Really I do. But when you try to equate fat discrimination with racial discrimination...I have to take a stand. Please. For Pete's sake. I am using my life to be honest with myself. At 304 pounds I was not healthy. At 247 pounds I am still not healthy. I think we do a great diservice to ourselves and others when we promote being "fat" is okay. Its about being healthy and not just about aesthetics.

I read in the article where the writer said she had been on one diet in her life a week of eating white rice (snort).

Maybe its true. Maybe there are some people who are happy being fat. Maybe they have no desire to get to a more "acceptable/healthy" body weight. Maybe they like having to circumnavigate around a room full of people and furniture and having to turn sideways so their hips and bootie dont smack other people in the head. <shruggin>. More power to them.

My next post is going to be positive and sunshiny and bright. I PROMISE. Seems I only respond to things negatively. One more issue I have to work out I guess.

Kenny if you are out there please post! You always make me feel positive.