View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

Oregongirl,
Boy, do I know where you're coming from! I occasionally have water retention/swollen ankles and feet problems. They'd get so puffy, I could press on them and it would leave an indentation.

I also do not salt my food routinely. I do not have high blood pressure or any other medical problems (been tested). So, my solution has been to eliminate all packaged meat which includes a high amount of sodium....bacon, lunch meat, my beloved pepperoni slices, macadamia nuts, etc.

I also have been watching my sodium intake on Fitday.com. If you don't have an account yet, set one up...it's free. Go to "goals" and put in a custom goal for sodium. Mine is 2000 max per day (which I read is normal).

I also have been taking a water pill made by Sundown which is only required once per day (got it at Meijer). I hate the ones where you have to take umpteen times per day...I can't remember to do that.

Hopefully, these suggestions will help you as they've helped me. If this has only started since you began the diet, it's most likely food/water-related and you need to flush your body with LOTS of water. If this is not something that just started, I agree with everyone else...see your doctor.

Good luck!