View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 07:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/140/133 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%
Talking Yeah! Broke through a 9 week stall!

I started CAD several months ago, and lost 15lbs during my first month on the plan. At that point I decided (and rightly so) that I was out of control at my RM, and that the plan would not work in the long run unless I could learn to control my eating. At that point I switched to Atkins.

As I have said here before, Akins really helped me to learn how to eat, and rid me of my bad habits and cravings. But the weight loss was a different story. I lost 6 pounds during my first 3 weeks,but after that,nothing for over 2 months. Then, I slowly began to gain...3 of my hard lost pounds. I started wondering if I ever really lost anything on Atkins at all. I expected plateaus and slow weight loss, but not endless weeks with no weight loss and a slow gain. I did feel a lot better and had learned a new and better WOL, but I was still overweight.

I decided to go back on CAD, and as before it is working for me, only this time much better. There are no cravings now, and I am happy eating a balanced reward meal that takes 15-20 minutes. I even have a desert without becoming tired later in the day.

In the last 2 weeks I have managed to lose the weight I gained back plus another pound, and the scale is back on a downward trend for the first time in months. I have learned something at every stage of the journey that will help me to be successful at maintaining my loss, and I am glad to be back on the program I can live with once I do get to goal.
Just had to share.
Sponsored Links