#14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 12:38

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 152/152/142
BF:28.4%/28.4%/22%
Progress: 0%
Default salmon/mercury

greetings, beiners,
i'm new to the discussion group and am experimenting with a combination of SPII and "the metabolic typing diet". someone mentioned on a different thread a while back about trying all sorts of food plans, only to lose an initial 2-3 pounds, then regaining those pounds and more. THAT"S ME!!
what i've decided to do is try to reset my metabolic set-point by exercising more frequently.
pilates, walking with weights, pilates with weights, basic weight work-outs, etc. i hope that this will be what my body needs to lose the 8 or so desired pounds. i'm also taking CLA.

regarding the mercury in salmon, i'd like to share a little of my own health history. for several years, my TSH has been elevated. i am opposed to toxifying the body with drugs, so i used an edgar cayse product for a while. felt somewhat better, so discontinued its use. last october, my body was screaming to get my attention. when my TSH results were higher than ever, i convinced my MD to prescribe armour thyroid. i know how dr. s. feels about this, but through kinesiology, my body actually showed need for it. by november, i was still feeling pretty badly, so i visited my alternative care practioner. again kinesiology did the trick: i have a mercury toxicity. not from amalgams, but from fish!! we are advised by every conceivable source to eat more fish, but very few of these sources tell us how terribly contaminated most of our fish and seafood are: the larger varieties, especially, like tuna and salmon.
chlorella was my body's choice for detoxification and food supplements (standard process) for balancing the hormones (liver and hypothalamus). so, the moral of the story is this: my primary challenge was that my hypothalamus and my liver were going wacko because of the excess mercury in my body. the thyroid reaction was secondary, making me not really hypothyroid afterall. the progress has been somewhat remarkable, with many of the symptoms totally gone. i would guess by now that i'm a bit less than 50% detoxified.
i hope by sharing this info that someone may benefit from my experience! also, if anyone has any suggestions on how to budge these 8 pounds off of my body, whether it be in actual pounds lost or body fat loss, i'd be more than happy to have you share!

thanks