View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 11:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I didn't have time to post my own experiences when I made the original post. So here goes...

I started hearing things about Atkins about a year ago when my mom and dad went on it. They lost quite a bit of weight, but were pretty slim to begin with, so the results weren't as noticable as they might have been on a larger person. Well, my parents weren't very serious about doing it, so they soon went back to their regular eating (which is healthy enough by itself). I never gave it much thought.

My husband's co-workers started doing Atkins left and right and he saw how much weight they'd lost. He suggested that we give it a try. My first thoughts were that it sounded good, but of course, too good to be true. I've seen people succeed on many different diet plans, but I've never been one of those people. In fact, I've never made it for more than 6 hours on ANY diet. I figured that we'd give it our best efforts, but fully expected to fail by the first day.

Well, the first day came and went. I think I knew then that I'd make it. I wasn't hungry and wasn't craving. By the time the craving DID hit (by about day 3), I didn't want to mess up what seemed like the perfect diet plan for me. So I resisted and went on to have a squeaky clean induction for three weeks.

Like many other people, I expected that my induction weight loss would continue on. I'd lost 9lbs in the first 5 days, but didn't see another change on the scale for 2 weeks. But I felt so good by day 7 that I just didn't want to quit. I was snagged by the good side effects that I knew nothing about before starting.

All in all, I'd have to say that LCing has far exceeded my expectations. I counted on the weight loss, but never expected....

Massive energy
Shiney Hair
Clear complexion
Clearer thinking
Sleeping better
Waking up like sunshine
Controlling food
No more aching bones
Running up stairs
Not eating in front of the TV
and best of all....
A healthier, happier husband.