View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 10:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Exclamation

My expectations were--"hey, I'll try this for 2 weeks and see how it goes". Then I started to feel so much better, plus I started to really lose weight! I was also pleased that you could get so much info and encouragemt from the Atkins web site, and didn't have to buy books, etc, unless you wanted to. My loss was fairly steady, 1-2 pounds per week. I found I didn't miss "illegal" foods all that much, since I really like all kinds of veggies and meat. And, you never go around hungry on this plan!!

Now that I'm on maintenance, I do use Atkins muffins and low-carb bread, and I'm eating some fruit, too-just checking the scale 1-2 times per week to make sure I'm not gaining back. And I use Atkins Advantage bars to keep the old sweet tooth satisfied.

I personally think that, if people really understood carb addiction and the multiple benefits of this WOL, a ton more people would be doing the l/c thing. I do think it's catching on more and more--

Side benefits for me include-less arthritis and plantar fasciitis problems, more energy, greater self-confidence--and i now dress a whole lot sharper, too!!

Hope this helps-