View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 17:07

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5' 7"
BF:31%/31%/24%
Progress: 0%

I limit myself to mostly to some low-carb protein bars I like, usually about 1/week, when I've failed to take some good food with me somewhere. Occasionally, I'll have a low-carb chocolate treat.

I make sparing use of processed low-carb products. For one thing, mimicking my prior diet with low-carb analog foods keeps me in the high-carb mindset of needing those products to begin with. In addition, to my way of thinking, one of the objectives of eating LC is to eat more naturally, as well as eat fewer carbs. Furthermore, low-carb specialty foods are a poor nutritional bang for the buck. Since I have only 40-70 g. of carbs to eat each day, I need all of them to be chock full of vitamins and minerals (as well as the co-factors required for absorption). Low-carb tortillas and spaghetti don't measure up. Lastly, low-carb specialty foods are more expensive than standard groceries. My grocery bill has already gone up, due to my increased protein and high-quality fat intake. I can't afford much on top of that.