Thread: Organic Meats
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 14:43

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Hey Wandy, remember StarLink corn? I haven't eaten at Taco Bell since !! Lotsa this gmo stuff in sodas, too. Thank goodness that is one addiction I DON't have

Q: What is StarLink and what's all this fuss about?

A: StarLink is a variety of corn that is genetically engineered (GE) to produce a protein toxic to a common pest, the corn borer. It was developed by Aventis, a transnational genetic engineering company based in France, and was sold to farmers in the U.S. StarLink is not authorized for human consumption but illegally entered the food chain and contaminated nearly 300 supermarket and restaurant foods. It was found to have contaminated large quantities of corn for the U.S. and international markets, including Canada, Korea and Japan, in September-October 2000. StarLink has not been approved for any type of use in any country besides the US.

Guess y'all heard recently about our gov shoving off genetically modified food on starving Africans - we figured, hey, beggars CAN't be CHOOSERS, right?

I'm thinking, exactly HOW cold is it in Canada, again? That one little thing keeps me down here...

Jinx