View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 11:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/142/128 Female 5'4.5
BF:have no clue
Progress: 55%

Reading this post was inspiring - in my house, I am in charge of the groceries, the cooking, and who gets what ! Without even knowing it - My husband is low carbing, and my babies 2 & 4 are low carbing. I don't give them any artifical sweeteners - shakes, bars, etc... Just whole foods (meats, veggies, fruit WW bread etc..). If children want a treat - Daddy takes them to the store because I don't keep sugar treats in the house.......for dinners I offer brown rice side dishes and WW pastas, my children LOVE peas and carrots so we stock up. I love it that my older daughter loves sunflower seeds, string cheese, and natural PB on whole wheat bread for lunch - and my youngest, anytime I have chicken will crawl up in my lap to share. I feel so good that they are enjoying this lifestyle too!

LoveableLC
That said - I feel for you.....It would totally annoy the daylights out of me if I had to live in a home that did not understand my dietary needs. Maybe your parents don't even realize that they are annoying you. I would either tell them how you feel, (gently) or I would package your food in Ziploc bags or containers and label them with your name & date and tell them your doing that to keep your daily meals in order.... best luck to you.