View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 10:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/148/133 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default idea

I was so moved by the post that started this (the part about feeling out of control during TOM) that I found myself thinking about it last night when I couldn't sleep.

I came up with an idea for a LC "binge" food for teh TOM.

This really is delicious and I hope you won't miss cake when you eat it.

You make high quality pesto from scratch (just pinenuts, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and fresh basil) in your blender.

You take a couple packages of cream cheese and microwave them until they're soft & runny.

You take a (soup sized) bowl, line it with a damp paper towel, then spread a layer of the runny cream cheese to coat the inside of the bowl.

The you put a (level) layer of the pesto (i.e., not coating the whole bowl like the first layer of the c.c.), another (level) layer of the cream cheese, and so on, until you've filled the bowl.

You refrigerate it until it sets (a few hours?).

Then you turn it out and you have a cream cheese/pest terrine.

You can use endive to snack on this with.

It's not COMPLETELY carb-free (the cream cheese has some carbs, as do the garlic and the basil), but it's very LC, and unlike so many LC snacls, it's CRUNCHY, which is always key for me.

I hadn't made this recipe for years (too high fat) but now I"m doing the LC thing I can enjoy it again!.

Good luck to all of us at that TOM!