Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 16:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 288/280/188 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up Gallstone flush

Hi there,

Yes the gallstone cleanse works wonders. I have no insurance and have managed to keep from having my gallbladder removed for six years now.

There are several different kinds of cleanses. It can be somewhat unpleasant, but certainly better than having it removed. Not just due to the financial aspect but because your gallbladder does have a purpose. Most Doctors will tell you that you do not need it, but what they should say, is that you can live without it. I have spoken to many people who have had theirs removed & now have more problems than before. Also they should tell you that you can STILL get gallstones after removal. They are in the liver. I know of two people that did the cleanse after removal of the gallbladder (because their spouse needed it, & they wanted to show support by doing it with them) & they also passed stones. There are times when it needs to be done, (disease, stones badly lodged etc.) but usually you can clean it out of stones, then change the diet (Woops! Eating plan), add some fiber, (which Atkin's does), & then never have problems again.

I do the cleanses about once a year just for maintenance, but have not really had any problems for six years now. I was concerned about starting Atkin's since there is a lot of fat, but have since read that it is a good thing since it stimulates the gallbladder to release the bile more often which eliminates a build up. Also Dr. Atkin's advocates lots of fiber (if you are doing it right). I have been on Atkin's since June 14th & feel great, & lost weight!

Good luck to everyone trying to do the right thing.

Bratina