View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 16:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/141/135
BF:???
Progress: 60%
Smile thanks guys!

peter pan- you and i have a very similar track record! i lost almost 10 lbs and then bounced up a little. my only guess is that because some of the weight we lost during the beginning of atkins was water, we will inevitably re-retain as our bodies adjust to low carbing. also, our bodies recognize that we're losing weight, so we have to decrease the amount of food we are eating because of this as we continue a low carb lifestyle. i am estimating that i was eating even more calories than 2800 during induction, yet somehow managed to lose!!! i guess the body adjusts to low carbs and then says "hey, but you're still eating too much, babe!" who really knows, though, right?! i don't. but i DO know that since i started counting calories (note: not being restrictive, just reasonable) 3 days ago i feel my jeans easing up on my thighs! yea!! let me know how it works for you if you want to! we can help each other out. as for fit day, i really don't like it. i read the labels on food packages, use dr. atkins' carb. gram counter, and a calculator. it works for me ! kind of cumbersome, but i plan my menu at the beginning of the day, caloric/ carb count and all and it makes things much easier. anyway, we are hangin' in there together!!!

fat-(i don't like calling you that!) thank you so much for the support and insight. i totally agree that the body has to adjust to weight loss. i just get a little impatient (arms crossed, tapping my foot)! i am soooo looking forward to my "woosh" as everyone likes to call it.
CONGRATS on losing inches when your scale wouldn't budge...that's great!

guys, thanks so much for the replies. it's so motivating and makes me gain a lot of hope.