View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 13:47

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Cassandra!!

My husband and I were in a similar situation somewhat to you, but reversed. Instead of me moving, he moved thousands of miles to be with me in Illinois (he is from the Netherlands). And his lifestyle also changed, he had no friends or family here either, just me. Took him over 1 1/2 years to get a job too because of hte economy.

He also got depressed a lot so I can understand where you are coming from! Maybe one thing you could tell your boyfriend is that you moved here to be with him even though your future in CA was uncertain. So he could try to be supportive of you even though he is uncertain that atkins should be the answer. You have given up a lot to be with him so maybe he could let go of his doubts for a while just to see how it goes!

I am also a HUGE pasta lover. I would eat pasta several times a week before starting this plan. And let me tell you, I don't miss it and you won't either! I thought 'how am I going to do this without pasta'. But really you will not miss it after a while!

Recently I did try something similar to pasta that was surprising ly good! I cut some firm tofu (very low in carbs!) up into small pieces. Then mixed some cheese sauce and cheese with it and microwaved it and it actually was reminiscent of mac and cheese!!! I know it sounds gross (I thought it would be!) but if you are craving pasta the first while that's something you could try!

Good luck to you!!!