View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 13:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I wouldn't have a problem with it if everybody chose to eat ONE way or another. But the problem becomes when they're eating carbs one moment and then eating high fat/low carb things the next. That is not at ALL healthy. In fact, they'll be gaining weight faster than ever if they go both ways.

There are many things on this WOE that I make that are FILLED with fat and cholesterol that I just plain DON'T want my kids eating along with their regular diet.

Unless it's necessary to do so, then I don't think it's fair to tell a child that he may NEVER eat cookies or have a juice box again because they must follow my way of eating. Not only not fair, but darn near impossible.

I don't feel that it's right to put a child who doesn't have a weight problem on a strict regimen. And with this WOE, that's what it has to be. It's an all or nothing proposition. What I DO believe in is regular meals at planned times that are complete in nutrition. This is what teaches a child good eating habits. If you give a child a snack that is sugar free, you're still giving them a snack. They don't care if it's sugar free or not. What they have to be taught is that there are certain times to eat and that they must eat meals, not junk.

Sorry. I just read back over this and it sounds like I'm all worked up. LOL. I'm not, this is just how I feel about it. I think it just boils down to my view on putting children on diets when they're young when there is no problem to begin with. I think it teaches a bad self image. And I don't EVER want my kids to feel like they need to change anything about themselves.

~Angi~