Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 10:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 306/275/155 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 21%
Question A return to ketosis?

Hi all.

Just a quick question about my situation-What's up with me?? I started this WOE on May 5 at 306 lbs. By early June I was down to 282. Then, nothing happened. I didn't pig out, I didn't cheat, I didn't change a single thing. My ketostix stopped turning pink, the gritty sensation left my teeth, and I was adrift-282 one day, 281 the next, 283 the day after that, up down up down but NEVER below 280 (and that was just one day)

After about 6 weeks of this I wanted to give up-I was so frustrated, I'd lost 26 pounds in 6 weeks, and now nothing for 6 more. Then yesterday the scale started to move again-279.5! then this morning, 278! And my ketostix are pink again! And my teeth are gritty again! And I've done NOTHING differently.

My only thinking is that for years and years I was in the mid 280's for weight, I only recently shot up to 306. Maybe my body "recognized" 282 and considered it a comfort zone and wasn't quite ready to leave it.

Anyone have any thoughts? Normally I would have chalked it up to a stall followed by a whoosh, but it's the ketosis thing that has me baffled.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links