#6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesspp

I hope someone can help .. as I'm stuck in I believe a water retention stall .. I know I'm the unofficial president of the turtle club, and that doesn't bother me .. since I AM proud of my loss so far .. and coming off slowly-I've learned well how to "maintain" along the way .. but have wondered about my water intake ..

Please and thanks!!!
Will anxiously be awaiting responses !!!

Nobody NEEDS over 64oz a day, but neither will it hurt you from the research I've done on water retention. However, there are many determining factors. First of all, if you exercise a lot you'll lose water through perspiring so you would need to replenish the water lost. Also, if you consume a lot of sodium, you're going to retain a lot of the water you drink.

Most people say "but I don't even put a salt shaker on the table!" Well, that's actually the least amount of sodium most people get. Check your labels! Canned foods, Ketchup, tomato sauce, so on and so on and so on! Very high in sodium; as is your pre-packaged producys, restaurants and fast food.

Soooooooo, I'd cut back on sodium if you're retaining water as opposed to cutting back on water.

Also, speak to your doctor about it (we are not professionals) and request a blood sugar test for Diabetes. Hope that helps.

Good Luck! Morgan