#7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 01:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/320/250 Male 78
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi max
yes, my diabetes is reversed up to a point. if i stay with low carb, my blood tests wouldn,t pick up that i,m diabetic but as dr. atkins says-it never goes away, it,s only controlled with this WOE.however, thats good enough for me. i,m healthier than i,ve been in years.

I'm glad to hear that your BG levels are normal! I somewhat disagree with the notion that diabetes never goes away -- I think a lot of it depends on the individual. But you are correct... most people "reverse" their high BG by following the LC lifestyle. I can have a carb blowout and my BG levels are probably better than most normal people now. I suppose that I also have the age advantage on my side. The younger you are, the easier it is to reverse a condition. However, if I put the weight back on and start eating junk carbs, then I will be right back at the drawing board. I'm still trying to make my favorite desserts as LC as possible, but it's nice to know that I can have a "sugary" treat and my body can handle the load.

The LC WOE is by far the best way to maintain good health. I'll never go back to my old lifestyle. When I was eating all the carbs (rice, potatoes, bread, etc.) I was going back for seconds or thirds, and then I would be hungry an hour later. Ever since I started the LC lifestyle, I am generally full all the time, my mood/attitude is much better and I feel great! I just wish that more people would adapt this lifestyle. It truly is a blessing.