View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 22:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/320/250 Male 78
BF:
Progress: 48%
Cool Sweet & Sour Chicken

Wow, the sweet & sour chicken sounds really good!

I do miss Chinese food, but I've gone several months without having any. I miss the sesame chicken the most. The rice is pretty easy for me to pass up, but the others are harder to resist!

I'm glad to hear that your BG is normal. I originally thought that I was like you -- that my sugars were normal until I ate lots of "junk" carbs. I am thankful that I am becoming normal again. I suppose everybody is different in respect to reversing conditions. I think it's sad that people don't know the benefits of LC until their BG is up over 300. I have a younger cousin that was also diagnosed with Type 2 last year. He lost a great deal of weight and reversed his diabetes too.

Now that I've "seen the light" in respect of the LC lifestyle, there's no turning back. However, it is comforting to know that I can have the occasional treat without wreaking havoc on my body. I will never allow myself to go back to the casual American diet and gain all the weight back. Too many people lose the weight then go right back to their old habits, and I see their conditions come right back or worsen.

My only regret is not starting this lifestyle sooner...

Wayne