Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 188/158/152 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe
hey

I look around me and read the stories of other women like me who have been on the weight rollercoaster for years and realise that the pcos woman who has her weight under control is close to a myth.

I thought that too seeing as there's hardly ever any positive posts in PCOS forums. But I guess when you think about it, if you were at a healthy weight and feeling great, would you be here? Probably not. This is sort of a support group, and when you're feeling great you don't need support.

You gotta stick to your diet and exercise plan for more than a month to see any results. When I started exercising and eating healthier, I didn't lose any weight for about 3 months! I've lost 21lbs. but that's since October and I've never lost more than 4lbs. in a month. Something that's helped me is not to compare my weight loss to other peoples, like how "normal" people can just cut back calories a bit and lose 2lbs a week. Our body's are different than other people so our weight loss is going to be different.

I know how you feel though. It is really depressing to have this disease, but you've gotta keep fighting. That's what I always tell myself over and over again "Don't give up"! I hope this helped