View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 14:18
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

If you want to reduce the risk of water retiontion, don't cut back on the water you're drinking, instead lower your sodium intake. Hormones, sodium, and a ton of other things contribute to water retention. Drinking alot of water helps most people lose weight, not stalls them. Think of it this way too, which do you think it is healthier to have, a pound of water in your body, or a pound of fat?

Sweat it out to help to. Up your exercise amounts and go for it. The potassium is a good idea as drinking alot of water can flush it from the system. As for cravings for more water, that is a new one on me. The body's thirst signal is ment to warn you that you are getting slightly dehydrated and need to drink something. With people who drink next to nothing, or alot of sodas, that thirst signal is shut off much like the hungry one is shut off in anorexics and starving people.

I drink a ton of water. I have a 24 oz bottle I refil through out the day, and there is a very good chance I go well above the 200oz line. The only time I have a problem with water weight was when I ate pork rinds before bed time. As long as I monitor my sodium intake I have no problem.